Re: [ossig] Negroponte's article at the star online

On the fundamental level, i dont think there is difference between east/west
or race. It is the economic system that shapes our lives. In the East we are
trying to catch up economically because most of our lives have not reach a
comfortable level, ie some sort of a middle class, and even thost that have
reach a comfortable middle class life, they are recent arrivals, so the
mentality has yet to changed. Whereas in the West they have been
economically powerful for a few generations, so the attitude is different.
We should not fault nor condemn ourselves, nor feel inferior. Nothing is
worse than self-denigration.