[ossig] FOSS - Free and Open Source Software

the singapore delegation has just proposed the use of the term FOSS (Free
and Open Source Software) to replace the current dichotomy between free
software and open source software.

their fundamentals are that the dual usage of "free" and "open" negates
the negative effects of economically free as well as negates the effect of
people mistaking things like shared source as being open source. i think
there is a point somewhere here, especially since i spent the last 20
minutes in a debate with the FSF Europe about this difference.