Re: [ossig] PREDICTIONS ON SCO SUIT | SearchEnterpriseLinux.com

SCO / Caldera are one of the people presenting at LinuxWorld Malaysia
/ Singapore.  I'm not sure whether at one, or both events.
Maybe we should make our feelings felt during the questions and answers
session.

It is regrettable if IBM's contribution was improper, that
remains to be seen, but the end result has presumably strengthened
GNU/Linux.   It seems therefore crazy for SCO pursue this selfish
claim which could damage the whole Unix and GNU/Linux industry.
If SCO are concentrating on Unix and don't care for GNU/Linux any
more, why are they still a member of UnitedLinux?

Imran

Nan Phin wrote:
                      There is little clarity on the long-term impact SCO Group's suit
                      against IBM Corp. will have on Linux. Some industry observers predict
                      dire days ahead for Linux, while others pass it off as posturing by
                      the holders of the title to Unix. SCO, meanwhile, forges ahead with
                      its billion-dollar action claiming IBM improperly donated part of
                      SCO's Unix code to the Linux kernel.
                      http://www.searchenterpriselinux.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci885002,00.html

--

best wishes.
/nan phin

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.