OpenSource distro (was : [ossig] MySQL - A quick question.)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Imran William Smith wrote:

> Red Hat - starts fairly secure, easy to keep fairly secure
> OpenBSD - starts very secure, hard to keep like that
>
> Based on that, I am beginning to turn towards Red Hat
> instead of OpenBSD to reduce long term security risk,
> and reduce staff effort doing patches etc.
> Anyone care to comment?

What about FreeBSD?

If your platform is x86, then it has most of the things RedHat can offer
(desktop utils) and pretty good in the stuffs that are compulsory to make
it secure (and keep it simple too).

~Yusmar Yahaya                  yus@boolean.pc.my
                                http://leafbug.org/~yus