Re: [ossig] (Fwd) [myoss] MIMOS/AsiaOSC is sending key OSS CD's bypost -

Based on this page
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ftp.php3
and the associated instructions to rsync
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/rsync.txt

are what seems messy.  Why 4 separate folders needed to rsync?
Most other projects manage with just 1 folder.

And, half of the iso's live in the /mandrake/ sub-project,
not the /mandrake-iso/ subproject.  To me, that's confusing
for both us and the end-user of the mirror.

Also, there is no indication of the total amount of disk
space needed to sync.  We don't want to start a rsync
job and find we have eaten up 40Gb or whatever.  Looking
around manually in the folders to sync, there does seem
to be a lot of stuff (disk space).  Even if I do

# rsync carroll.cac.psu.edu::mandrake-iso

there's a welcome message, but no information about the
total filesize.  And since there is just one 'master' rsync we're
finding it quite often refuses connections.

Imran

Seah Hong Yee wrote:
Can you please explain how exactly it is "messy" to you. I am just curious.