Re: [ossig] The Inquirer : Microsoft, other Indian programmers slunginto Malaysian jail

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Imran William Smith wrote:

> Anyway, this is rather off-topic for open source, sorry.

actually, i think it has relevance to open source. the action by the
police in arresting and harrasing the indian programmers is indicative of
a larger mindset towards developers and programmers. in our trading
culture, we do not seem to be giving developers (malaysian or otherwise)
due recognition and instead reward sales and marketing people more than
otherwise.

i've blogged about this at http://www.alphaque.com/article.php?sid=251 and
charles moreira wrote an intech article on it at
http://www.alphaque.com/article.php?sid=146