Re: [ossig] Microsoft and Linuxworld Malaysia 2003

Right now our dept. are working with OOo BM translation team to do the translation.
We are plan to translate the Help Files (383,896 words), Extra modul (3,860 words), Dictionary and many other thing.
Check here  http://oo-l10n-my.sourceforge.net/ for current status of OOo
or you can download binary from http://johordt.com/bustamam (report any bug to bustamam98@yahoo.com)

Colin Charles wrote:

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 12:47, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan wrote:

> Maybe we can use this against MS Office, saying that Open Office is Malay-aware, but MS Office is not.

How active is development of OOo in the Bahasa Melayu language?

Is there a working dictionary? Are there working rules, and have the
help files been translated?

I can understand the menu's being translated as being pretty easy (as
well as the tool-tips). But usability-wise, are they all there?

Just wondering...
--
Colin Charles, byte@aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/