[ossig] Open content encyclopedia ... Wikipedia ... in Malay

If you are unaware of it, there's a great online open content
encyclopedia called 'Wikipedia' with all the content
licensed under the GFDL (like GPL, for documents).

The English version is huge, increasingly the best
source of impartial definitions available on the web.
http://www.wikipedia.org

For example, just look at the page on open source:
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source

But the reason I'm mailing is that finally (after I
requested it be setup about 1 year ago), someone is
beginning to add Malay language articles.  Unfortunately
I can't do this myself, as I don't yet know much Malay.

http://ms.wikipedia.org
http://ms.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Recentchanges

So if you'd like your kids to have a more impartial source
of world knowledge than Encarta, in BM, why not get involved
with this.  You don't have to write perfect articles,
they tend to evolve towards perfection over time.  The
critical thing is that if people see an empty encyclopedia,
they don't feel inclined to start.

Imran

--
Imran William Smith
Project Manager, Open Source Development,

Asian Open Source Centre : http://www.asiaosc.org
MIMOS Open Source        : http://opensource.mimos.my