Re: [ossig] asiaosc - mirror Gentoo?

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 10:41, Imran William Smith wrote:

> > So, what about an apt repository, as well as a caching server? I can
> > help in the setting up if it's required, because I've done it and worked
> > around the nuances twice (I have one at home - the mail box is also an
> > apt repositoy).
> >
> > /me running Debian, with XFS patches, on an iBook2, and 2.4.23
> > (prepatches)
>
> Re mirroring Debian apt:
>
> Please discuss with Pazli (pazli@mimos.my).  Most important factor is
> the disk space required.  Maybe the list
> would also be interested to know, whether an apt-repository is
> just like a normal mirror, or something special?  Currently we
> are relatively low on free disk space, 2x80Gb disks both at 70-80%,
> we need a safety margin in case an upstream mirror suddenly adds
> lots of files.

You probably want an 80gb disk just to mirror Debian. There are over
9000 packages.

However, if you just run a caching server, expect to require a lot less,
but it can grow...

More info, at http://www.debian.org/mirror/ iirc (hope that url is
valid, otherwise search on the debain site).

--
Colin Charles, byte@aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/