Re: [ossig] FreeBSD 4.9 on mirror.

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Mukhsein Johari wrote:

> Well, being a dot release on stable not much is new - lots of sec. fixes
> though. If you keep portupgrade 4.7 or 4.8, you probably don't need this
> (unless you're dying for PAE support on stable).

but some progress on the 5-CURRENT line has been backported to
4.9-RELEASE. prime among these is the changes to the da driver, which will
make them usb type pen drives better supported. i've had mixed results
with pen drives from different manufacturers, but since i committed the da
changes on my notebook, it's been much better.

> Personally, I think I'll wait for 5-STABLE instead. Man, it's taking the
> longest time!

a few more months for that, dude.