Re: [ossig] XFree86 core disbands!

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Tze-Meng Tan wrote:

>  From the way it was worded "I'm very pleased to announce", it looked
> like it was a "good thing"

Yes, I thought so too -- probably for the following reasons:-

1. It's an administrative thing (it's not like they quit or anything like
that), probably doesn't impact actual work too much.

2. Worse thing that can happen: XFree86 forks to multiple similar
projects. (Kind of reminds me of *BSD. hmm.. sounds good to me. ;-) )

> On Jan 2, 2004, at 2:42 PM, Mukhsein Johari wrote:
>
> > Wow...I knew the problems were bad, now I know just
> > how bad. I hope 4.4.0 _does_ get out soon, though
> > since it would probably be some time before things
> > settle down again...
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@xfree86.org/msg04639.html

--sazli
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x270BD43E
Key fingerprint: 47F4 6E37 48D2 5FF1 8C67  A14F D7B5 05F8 270B D43E