Re: [ossig] UML guidance

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 12:52:30PM +0800, CY wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am looking for guidance is using UML for my documentation.  Bought 2
> books and seems to understand but
> unable to put it to pratice.

UML is best used with UP in my opinion (putting it into practice).

I highly recommend "Applying UML and Patterns" - Craig Larman.

It's a good introductory book which is not just about UML but also about
design and project management while using Unified Process (which uses UML
for documentation). Keep in mind, that UML is simply notation. If you
understand the concepts behind what the notation is used to describe
it's easier to put it into practice (eg. mapping domains to classes).

PGP signature