Re: [ossig] UML guidance

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 02:40:27PM +0800, CY wrote:

> Do any one konws of any good mailing list discussion on using UML.

Head over to Rational's page http://www.rational.com/uml/index.jsp . A
lot of resources, but I really recommend Larman's book for beginners, it
gives you a lot of tips on using UML for a project, in a practical way,
not just theory. UML is use not just for diagraming code, but databases,
business flows, domain maps and use case scenario flows.

I think UML usage is kinda difficult to discuss on a mailing list :)

See the line with a little circle at the end, that's an interface. You
can use it to describe sockets and RPC interfaces for example. And if
you attached that to a component, that's the box with the two rectangles
on the left, it will show the component interfaces. And to describe it
you create a text box that looks like a sticky note, and draw a simple
line pointer to it.

--
PGP ID:6FFEFD7F

FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT i386
 3:15pm  up 1 day,  3:32, 11 users, load averages: 0.30, 0.82, 1.66

PGP signature