Re: [ossig] Linux live cds - "Unix is hard to install"

Anybody heard of remote installation and setup of software? It is
something unheard of in windows where the sysadmin can login and
administer while users are using the system.

eg. add printer, remove printer, etc , add applications, remove
applications.

E.g.
Scan network for unused terminal, do upgrade, logoff.  This can be
scripted.
If desktop apps are identical, we can also rsync them.

What I'msaying here is that there are many way to automate system updating
in unix/linux/BSD that will leave windows admins awestruck.
All of this can help reduce admin costs and increase productivity........

The path of live CD's allows more simplicity of updates. Systems that
never change over a period of time and never get infected ( how to infect
a CD). This has to add something to a systems reliability and uptime.