Re: [ossig] Linux live cds - "Unix is hard to install"

On Fri,  9 Jan 2004 14:57:04 +0800
Iskantharajah  Thanapalasingam <iskantharajah@pd.jaring.my> wrote:

> Anybody heard of remote installation and setup of software? It is
[snipped]
> never change over a period of time and never get infected ( how to infect
> a CD). This has to add something to a systems reliability and uptime.

i think with WinXP you can use the remote desktop to do something similar to what you just mentioned. not really as good as what we can do with linux (ssh or webmin then make major changes without rebooting :P) but still much better than b4.

there are already options like this, such as VNC right?

regards,
SianLun