Re: [ossig] mysqld problem on FreeBSD

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 03:42 +0800, Adli bin Abdul Wahid wrote:

> I'm getting the message below when I start mysqld on our FreeBSD 4.8
> server. I was told by the  other sys admin that the problem started
> after vendors tried to install UPS (and 'did something to the
> /usr/lib'). Need some pointers

Find out what they messed with. Check how long it takes you to fix it,
then bill them, so that they learn how to take responsibility and act
professionally next time.

> alquds#/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Undefined symbol "__stdoutp" referenced
> from COPY relocation in /usr/local/bin/my_print_defaults

Somebody deleted a library that mysqld is linked to. Looks like a C
library (maybe libc.so.5).

As root type #history, to find out what they did.
Print it out as proof.

To find out the missing library:

#ldd /usr/local/bin/my_print_defaults

To restore it you can either build it from source, or the iso.
--
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it
means."

FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT i386
3:06am up 2 days, 2:15, 2 users, load averages: 2.17, 2.45, 2.19