Re: [ossig] Microsoft Pumps $1 Bln Into UN Computer Aid ?

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Imran William Smith wrote:

> value for the customer?  What's the US$2 billion on 'selling and admin
> expenses'?  Does that mean they spend more on advertising etc. than on
> product development?

selling expense may include the "discounts" they've been giving to
educational and governmental organizations worldwide. COGS would be the
expense that go directly into the production and selling of the goods. all
this obviously hinges on what accounting standards they use, which wont be
clear until you read their annual reports.