Re: [ossig] FreeBSD patch for /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/if_aue.c to support eBuilding's HomePNA service

Interesting.
FYI, USB NIC's can't take the stress of 24x7 operations.
I'm using a USB NIC to connect to my Streamyx modem and every once a
while i have to unplug and replug the USB NIC to get my DSL going.

On Jan 08, 2004, at 19:55, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> people,
>
> as a backgrounder, i am trying to use eBuilding's 1Mbps HomePNA
> service.
> ebuildings however gives you this USB dongle, the ADMtek AMD8511 where
> the
> incoming RJ11 phone line connects to. (eBuilding uses the standard
> two-wire phone cabling from the MDF room to customer premise). FreeBSD
> supports ethernet mode (and the RJ45 port) on the ADMtek AMD8511 thru
> the
> aue(4) driver, but does not support HomePNA (and the RJ11 port).

cheers
-Mike