Re: [ossig] FreeBSD patch for /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/if_aue.c tosupport eBuilding's HomePNA service

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Michael Choo wrote:

> FYI, USB NIC's can't take the stress of 24x7 operations. I'm using a USB
> NIC to connect to my Streamyx modem and every once a while i have to
> unplug and replug the USB NIC to get my DSL going.

what fails, the hardware or the software ? i've had it plugged in 24/7
for three days straight with no problems. also, i've maxed out the
connection for one hour straight, and no problems either. both of these
were conducted during aue(4) driver testing.