Re: [ossig] Streamyx IP got blacklisted from sending email!

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> because they're an open relay, you'd have problems sending to outblaze
> or other sites which honour the spews blacklist. bug your friendly
> neighbourhood streamyx technician. :)

on closer inspection, looks like the former owners of an ip address block
which tmnet currently owns were spamming. hence the ip block was
blacklisted. tmnet has recently apparently acquired the block, but has not
bothered to remove themselves from the spews database. so scratch the
possibility that tmnet may be at fault here, they've just not bothered to
remove themselves. either way, you're still hosed. :)