RE: [ossig] Streamyx IP got blacklisted from sending email!

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Choo

Which ISP here in Malaysia or the region gives you reverse DNS to your
IP block?

Seriously, as long as the telecom provider for the 'last mile' is not
required - or even not entitled ! - to open up for competition, we won't
experience any surprises.

At least one person on this list can ask around, how stuff 'worked' as long
as Deutsche Telekom  did not have to give up on their rights; combining
technical, business and historical research. Me thinks, that 10 years after
liberalisation in said developed country, you can still observe the relics
of protective policies.

This country has done a lot to increase Internet penetration; with very low
dial-up rates and reasonable broadband rates. Well done !
Something not looked into sufficiently was the migratory aspect. A few years
back 384 kbit/s was a good number; these days it isn't any longer. You enter
the market at a higher or lower rate (compare BT); you offer choices. A step
from  RM 66 to RM 488 is too steep; with essentially no pillar in between. I
bet there would be a market. A colleague of mine would pay more for a higher
rate; I'd be willing to fork out a reasonable amount for fixed IP. None of
us can afford RM 500 for everything, neither do we need three e-mail
accounts.
Where is the vendor when there is a market ?

Uwe