Re: [ossig] Streamyx IP got blacklisted from sending email!

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 19:34, SianLun Lau wrote:

> > On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 21:43, Imran William Smith wrote:
> > > Maybe there's a market for a company to sell on SMTP
> > > services here in Malaysia (obviously using some kind of auth,
> > > like pop-before-relay).
> >
> > Won't work if the ISP itself blocks any outgoing port 25 traffic. They
> > effectively then force you to use their own SMTP servers. Most annoying.
>
> there is where tunneling or even VPN connection would play a role :) but i wonder would then the SMTP service be as cheap as it should be then? :)

Tunneled, it works, but its too much work. Even starting the VPN client
is more work than I want just to send e-mail.

> how much would you be willing to pay for a SMTP service?

To use my *own* SMTP service? Nothing. I have a working SMTP server that
sits elsewhere; I just want to use it. If my ISP is blocking port 25,
I'll find other measures (like recently, I changed the port SMTP listens
to, so my problem is solved *grin*)
--
Colin Charles, byte@aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/