Re: [ossig] making money from open source

Push for the slides for the recent 'open source business case 2004'
conference to be released.  60 speakers over 2 days in the US
spoke on making 'moolah' from open source last week.

http://www.osbc2004.com

Malaysia needs to be doing this.  The question needs to move
on from "can we make money" to "how do we make money".  As
far as I can see, this is now the most important thing that needs
fixing to make a national open source industry.  The Govt
is now on board, but struggling to find out how integrate OSS
with past proprietary 'mistakes'.  Edu will soon be on board.

Imran

Tejinder Singh wrote:

>:-(
>
>/begin of rant
>i missed the notebook opportunity 'cos of a lack of moolah.
>when will i make $$$ from OSS?
>/end of rant
>

>Ir. Tejinder Singh
>Email:- tejinder@apiit.edu.my
>
>Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
>See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

g!
>iven nor endorsed by APIIT SDN BHD.
>---