Re: [ossig] * Danger * Advertistment.

Its possible but not easy....we (OpenSOS) are *trying* at the moment
We started doing deployment and support for FreeBSD servers for a few
small projects .... pocket money, good thing we had a day job ...
a funny thing happened and we ended up doing deployment and support for
Mac OS X Server (ok so its not 100% open source but we could give up
our day jobs and do this full time) .... taking a big income cut in the
process, the amount of moolah is subsistence level...

the bottom line is, small businesses have big problems getting more
than crumbs in the current environment, "what you know" won't win
contracts ... "who you know" does.

However, that being said.....Malaysia lags the rest of the world a bit,
when the OSS wave arrives, things will start looking better...more and
bigger crumbs .....
This is a *hope* not a prediction :)

Tan Tze-Meng	email: tmtan@opensos.net	tmtan@tm.net.my
Internet Consultant, OpenSOS Sdn Bhd