Re: [ossig] Calling all open content + open access advocates.

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Simos Xenitellis wrote:

> I believe there is in general little recognition of the contributions of
> local volunteers in open-source software. Even if someone understands

totally agreed. but this is a rot which starts right on top, and is harder
to fix. my objections to the national open source steering committee (and
to its secretariat) was that they had ignored the one group who made open
source possible to begin with: the developers, i..e the people who give
their time, effort and talent to create open source software. without
those people, there can be no open source to make policy about to begin
with.

however, this was obviously not addressed at all. c'est l'vie !