Re: [ossig] [OSSIG] Proposal for the formation of an OSS IndustryAssociation

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 08:18 +0800, Nah Soo Hoe wrote:

> - Trust. Members have to trust each other in order to pull together their
> weight and expertise so that they can become a force to be reckoned with.
> They need to be able to work together and agree on how to split the
> profits etc.

> Anyway this is an idea worth exploring further.

I think so too. I was having similar discussions for the past 2 weeks.
Basically, the oss companies right are too small, with each trying to do
everything but with limited experienced staff. Pooling together
resources and working together may provide a stronger face when applying
for jobs.

The trust factor comes in, and issues such as real skills and experience
of other companies is important in this. For example, can I trust that
the person doing system integration can do a better job than my
team/company?

It won't be easy, but a grouping such as this is a start. One thing
though is to keep standards and quality high, and the initial members
have to agree on some guidelines on this, when adding new ones.

This is a digitally signed message part