Re: [ossig] [OSSIG] Proposal for the formation of an OSS IndustryAssociation

Colin Charles wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 21:34, Christopher DeMarco wrote:
>

>>>what is the real incentive for coming to this 1st meeting ?
>>>

>>You missed the  most important one - making  sure the  dang thing gets
>>off the ground.
>>

>Exactly. For fear that this was all talk, and no action (and therefore
>no delivery)

I'd rather let others comment on this in case I step on sensitive toes
:). I agree that there's a lot of build-up and foreplay.... I've heard
about lack of representation of individual os programmers at meetings...
Here's the chance to form that representative body. Those who had made
such complaints should now take the lead and attend this meeting at least.

>If you can't even market the meeting among your open source colleagues,
>how are we marketing this to the rest of Malaysia?
>

>>Sorry, can't attend:
>>a) foreigner
>>

>No, go. Coop's aren't a final decision, I'd still say go (neither is
>that under-21 no member bullocks)

I agree with Colin. We haven't decided on the "business structure" yet.
This is the purpose of the brainstorming session. So all interested
people including foreigners, under 21s' as well as would be converted
open source adopters should attend.

Incidently, the rules for ROC allows for 2 to start a sdn bhd and 7 for
a society to be formed. I don't know about a cooperative.

Molly