Re: [ossig] OpenOffice.org vs. M$ Office - migrationgotchas/issues?

short list of things to look out:

word doc using the following:
1. notes (those yellow post-it thingy)
2. change tracker (the things that track changes / deletion /
additions made to a document)
3. long table rows ( a row in a table that goes beyond 1 page)
4. content page (auto content page based on text headings)
5. outline numberings (e.g. 1.  and 1.1)

those are the normal things that i had to redo / fiddle around with
when converting .doc. openoffice has these features, but the
conversion sometimes is sometime out.

the other thing is that, once you have used openoffice, converting
to .doc is a little bit more troublesome than the other way round.

anyway, welcome to the 'club'. there is an increasing number of small
business now using openoffice - because of the price and piracy
factors. plus the online community is quite good and forgiving.

Raja Iskandar Shah
http://riscniaga.netfirms.com