Re: [mosig] Re: [ossig] MOSIG: Formation of Company - Inaugural Meeting17th July 2004

Tze-Meng Tan wrote:

> it might sound like an NGO but unless we have some kind of mechanism
> for decision making in the organisation, commercial or otherwise, we
> are going to be there all night long - remember every shareholder is
> an equal, no one gets appointed to the board, we need a mechanism
> where board members are chosen by the shareholders too
>
> otherwise what do you suggest ?

I had explained the mechanism during the 1st meeting before it was
agreed that we work on the MOSSIG version of the Shareholders collective
agreement document. Here are the steps:
1. Acceptance of the content of the shareholders collective agreement
document by those who want to buy shares into this company.
2. Incorporation of a RM2 company by 2 people. The company will contain
clauses which refers specifically to accepting others based on the
collective agreement.
3. Those who want to buy shares into the company  has to pay up and
commit by signing up in the signing page/schedule1 which will then be
part of the collective agreement document.
4. An AGM is called and only those who had paid and signed up will be
able to attend this shareholders meeting. The business of the AGM will
include election of directors, incorporating the contents of the
agreement into the M&A of the RM2 company etc etc etc.
5. The company then functions......

Molly