Re: [ossig] BSA says no to OSS procurement preference

When taking drug become illegal, drug producer lost business, so as the
mafia head. Isn't this a common sense?

Mukhsein Johari wrote:

> Should we be surprised? I think the lone voice of IBM
> (and Apple) isn't enough to shake the proprietary
> veondors.
>
> http://star-techcentral.com/tech/story.asp?file=/2004/8/5/technology/8587556&sec=technology
>
> I think they haven't asked/answered the question:
>
> "Shouldn't public money be spent on things which can
> benefit the public?"
>
> That is, outside the specific use of the particular
> public project. Having open source software
> infrastructure actually opens the door for gov to
> employ software *developers* to maintain and support
> their infra. As opposed to employing gov-vendor
> liaison officers. The former could kindle a growing
> local developer community while the former only
> shackles the country to select vendors...

Yeak Nai Siew                  << Mac OS Forever >> << Linux Forever>>
System Consultant, RHCE

Red Hat made available RHCE credential verification service online.
See http://www.redhat.com/rhce/rhce806200928901893.html