Re: [ossig] Enterprise Linux: UserLinux, Debian

Looking back, I think we miss a few thing

Major RH-based distro
1) Mandrake 5.2 was originally a red hat clone,
2) Connectiva, was also based on Redhat
3) Redflag Linux
4) Er what was Sun's original linux distro? The one based on RH 7.3
5) TurboLinux ( not sure but I think it was in some degree based on
earlier RH)

SuSE-based
1) Java Desktop

Debian-based
1) Gentoo
2) Knoppix
3) Lycoris
4) Xandros
5) Lindows
6) Linux media box
7) Ion Linux
8) Storm Linux (dead now)

Slackware-based
1) Can't think of one now but I am sure you guys can at least fill me
in on one

Caldera
1) Darl McBride "Just Sue It" 1.0

If you think about it, there are also quite a few project based on RH
in the earlier day. Just fewer today.  Maybe due to the way RH does
things and the way they tried to be different. ( KDE that looks like
GNOME, aggressive kernel patching). Also, one funny thing about RH is a
lot of driver really doesn't work properly right out of the box like
others.

Furthermore there's really not much people need to do to use RH/FC as a
base, except to produce some sort of  "FC Lite."