Re: [ossig] Enterprise Linux: UserLinux, Debian

Looking back, I think we miss a few thing

Major RH-based distro
1) Mandrake 5.2 was originally a red hat clone,
2) Connectiva, was also based on Redhat
3) Redflag Linux
4) Er what was Sun's original linux distro? The one based on RH 7.3
5) TurboLinux ( not sure but I think it was in some degree based on
earlier RH)

1) Java Desktop

1) Gentoo
2) Knoppix
3) Lycoris
4) Xandros
5) Lindows
6) Linux media box
7) Ion Linux
8) Storm Linux (dead now)

1) Can't think of one now but I am sure you guys can at least fill me
in on one

1) Darl McBride "Just Sue It" 1.0

If you think about it, there are also quite a few project based on RH
in the earlier day. Just fewer today.  Maybe due to the way RH does
things and the way they tried to be different. ( KDE that looks like
GNOME, aggressive kernel patching). Also, one funny thing about RH is a
lot of driver really doesn't work properly right out of the box like

Furthermore there's really not much people need to do to use RH/FC as a
base, except to produce some sort of  "FC Lite."