Re: [ossig] Updates from the rAT

Sun sales tactic targets Linux
Published: August 31, 2004, 11:55 AM PDT
By Martin LaMonica
Staff Writer, CNET News.com

update As part of an effort to fend off competition from low-cost
servers running Linux, Sun Microsystems will begin giving its
salespeople commissions on the non-Sun hardware that's bundled with
Solaris.

Chief Operating Officer Jonathan Schwartz described the strategy in a
posting to his blog Monday.

"So if a sales rep sells Solaris on Dell or IBM, or even HP (Xeon or
Nocona), we pay them as if they sold the hardware," Schwartz wrote.
"I'm not sure we could make the point more clearly that we're
committed to making Solaris the volume leader on all systems."

http://news.com.com/Sun+sales+tactic+targets+Linux/2100-1010_3-5331391.html?tag=nefd.top