Re: [ossig] Sun, Star Office, MS

> Threaten to Open Source community
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1257037803;fp;4;fpid;1

Jonathan Schwartz (COO of Sun) response follows:

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/jonathan/20040916#java_desktop_now_available_at

Please do not listen to the bizarro numbskull anti-Sun conspiracy
theorists. They were lunatics then, they are lunatics now, they will
always be lunatics. We love the open source community, we spawned from
it. We'll protect that community, that innovation, and our place in it,
with all our heart and energy.

Just think, next to J2ME, OpenOffice is the single highest volume
product we've ever delivered. In the history of our company. You know my
views on volume. Dorking that up is not in our strategic plan.

OpenOffice matters. Moreso every day.

--
Ditesh Kumar
Ameba6 Solutions Sdn. Bhd.

To divide a cube into two other cubes, a fourth power or in general any
power whatever into two powers of the same denomination above the second
is impossible, and I have assuredly found an admirable proof of this,
but the margin is too narrow to contain it.
				- Fermat's Theorem, Pierre de Fermat