Re: [ossig] Fedora Core 3 Released!

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 06:26:53 -0800 (PST), Poh Yang Ming <pohyg@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Got FC3 my Compaq A110. nice.. But anyone knows how to
> make the mouse and the pad works together?
>
> The config files /etc/X11/xorg.conf have both the
> config for ps2 and the pad. But only the pad is
> working.

Not using xorg yet so can't be 100% accurate, but on XFree86, you need
to set the mouse pointers to point to the correct section. In my
config, I have it set to:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "USB Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

That works very well for me because /dev/input/mice catches input from
all the /dev/input/mouse* devices. /dev/input/mouse0 is my touchpad,
/dev/input/mouse1 is my usb mouse. On a 2.6 kernel, the setup should
be same for your touchpad. Not sure if a PS/2 mouse will show up in
/dev/input/mice or elsewhere.

If this does not work, then the alternative is to have 2 mouse entries
in your "ServerLayout" section. This is what I have:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "Screen1"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
        InputDevice     "USB Mouse"
EndSection

The 'Configured Mouse' is actually my touchpad. Don't ask me, I didn't
name it :). Just add the definition for your PS/2 mouse there as well.

Hope that helps.

Ken