Re: [ossig] open source skill map and career path

This really a good idea. I just join an open source company whereby I never know wat is open source my whole life before this. So I think from the skill map and career path will help me on where I'm actually going now.

Thanks for all your effort.

Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my> wrote:
On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 08:44 -0700, nplee@asiaictpm.com wrote:

> Do u think is a good idea, as a community, we can dev a skill map and
> career path of those involve in open source related IT works?

This is a good idea.

It's in my area, I'll sketch something up quickly for feedback.

For end-users (office usage) and systems integrators (system
administration) skills requirements are more clear cut.

Software development/engineering skill sets is not so easy. I'll also
give this a shot for feedback.

Discover Yahoo!