[ossig] Draft of the Malaysian Government Interoperability Framework for OSS

Dear All,

The draft of The Malaysian Government Interoperability Framework for OSS,
a.k.a. MyGIFOSS is available for public viewing and comments. This document
is prepared as part of the Malaysian Public Sector OSS Initiative.

You can download the document here:

http://opensource.mampu.gov.my/documentation/MyGIFOSS_SR-2-1.pdf

On behalf of the Malaysian Administrative Modernisation and Management
Planning Unit (MAMPU), I would like to solicit feedback, comments,
suggestions, criticisms and flames (but only if you can take as good as you
give). Feedback can be sent to:

contact_centre@oscc.org.my

or better yet, get into the forum at the website so that everyone can see, at:

http://opensource.mampu.gov.my/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=56

Now, before it all starts, allow me to be a little defensive. Any errors,
shortcomings, mistakes, etc. are entirely my fault and not those of MAMPU or
the Malaysian Government. Any feedback that would help to make the document
better would be greatly appreciated and we will try as fast as we can to
incorporate the changes.

However, you don't have to point out the typos and grammatical errors (unless
they're so glaring that heckles get raised too high). We'll be going through
those.

Parts of the document were based (and in some cases lifted entirely) from the
The IDA Open Source Migration Guidelines, which can be found here:

http://www.netproject.co.uk/docs/migoss/

so please don't point that out to us. We know already. The copyright to that
document is as so:

(c) European Communities. Reproduction is authorised provided the source is
acknowledged.

and we have duly acknowledged it.

Finally, comments can also be sent to me directly (though why you'd want to is
beyond me) at:

yusseri@ieee.org

but please include the words MyGIFOSS in the subject line so that I can filter
the emails into a separate container.

Thank you and have fun.

yusseri