Re: [ossig] MyOSS Magazine - format

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 11:08 +0800, Aizat Faiz wrote:
> On 7/10/05, Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@wdc.com> wrote:
> > Actually, it's not problem at all since I have the source files etc. All
> > That's needed for either of us to do would be to either :
> >
> > 1. You Install scribus.
>
> This is where versioning control would be handy.  Can someone test cvs
> with scribus, then we need to get a cvs server, and work from there?
> If we have cvs, all of us can work on it at once.

I've not tested it with CVS, only with SVN which would be another
flavour of CVS :-).

It doesn't work well. With SVN, the average tree size would be close to
120MB which isn't very good.

In addition to that, diffs doesn't work well due to all the mark-ups
that is present within the scribus src itself. (it's not plain text
files or html like tags)

I've researched the problem and it's unlikely that the scribus team has
any way to solve it for the current 1.2 version. (even 1.3 would be hard
IIRC)

> Unless anyone has
> any better ideas?  Of course administration may be a problem, because
> a person cannot change the layout without Ow's consent.

Right now, we're not supposed to look at layout changes, (the poll in
the mag's site still lists the current format as the preferred format.)

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!