Re: [ossig] Re: [myoss] anyone tried MONO?

how would you guys like to have a full day session with one of the mono engineers from utah sometime between 20-25 aug? no fee.  but just tell me what specific areas of mono you guys want him to talk/share about.  if there is available h/w, a hands-on session is not a problem with him.

On 7/28/05, Ditesh <ditesh@ameba6.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 10:29 +0800, BIGrat wrote:

>         > Yes.
>
>         Ask a simple question. Get a Simple Answer.
>
> just checking out the "popularity" of mono "among other things" ....
> hehehe

I think many *serious* developers are checking it out and some more
adventurous ones are actually coding big stuff in it.

> but seriously helping someone to look for a developer who's familiar
> with mono for a specific project for a local telco.

Depends on what you're looking for. Mono is good enough to work with,
but it has certain rough edges/parts and you might need to jump thru
hoops. Still, the progress on it is crazy, right now it looks like Mono
is in the optimization and stabilization phase which means that give it
another year, then it'll be at the level of maturity where the others
are now.

Ditesh