[ossig] Re: [Slugnet] Fedora-izing SuSE

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 08:53 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> Interesting.. I never knew much about the SuSE linux development
> process. Now, at least I know why.

Yes, SUSE has historically been the most closed of the foss vendors. In
my not-so-humble opinion, what they do get wrong (which I think RedHat
continually gets right) is the recognition that the value of FOSS and
its development methodology lies in engaging the community and not just
about getting the legal consequences of FOSS licenses right.

Ditesh