Re: [ossig] [myoss] Software Freedom Day. - Need a Venue.

On 9/2/05, Sian Lun Lau <wahlau@gmx.net> wrote:
> BIGrat wrote:
>
> >well, arent these the "market" we' targeting as well?  to educate them
> >that there is a legal alternative; besides having a table on the
> >appropriate floor ensures that most of the people we talk to are IT
> >literate reducing the need to explain the nitty gritty of software
> >licensing..
> >

> it is about education. no problem if target group is not IT literate. In
> fact, they might be easier to be converted :)

I think we should target general public ... this is the chance for us
to reach out to the people and tell them that... " we , the people,
have to choose the software that we want to use and how mature is the
open source community"

> i pretty Mid Valley, since last i visited it was the only place with
> real crowd.

Too much crowd .. its hard to talk to people..

> >imagine talking to someone in mid valley or 1utama who have absolutely
> >no knowledge AND INTEREST in IT ;-); heck, we might even meet gals
> >whose primary interest is  softwear. ;-)

er... they don't interested in "hard"wear? ;)

> oh, i don't mind teaching them on software with softwear hour after
> hour.... :)
>
> SL

My Finger Print:
5918 D943 C4F1 4AB9 2584  A868 1826 9FEF EB4C B494