Re: [myoss] Re: [ossig] Software Freedom Day. - Need a Venue.

On 09/05/05 20:16 Dinesh Nair said the following:
> On 09/05/05 14:09 Ow Mun Heng said the following:
>
>> What is the possibility of doing something like this in say... the
>> Golden Triangle?
>

> given the malaysian propensity for all things free (as in beer), wouldnt
> this then result in a bunch of people just picking up free CDs to be

as an addendum to what i've said, perhaps the plan could be modified so
that SFD volunteers visit offices situated along the skyscrapers of jalan
sultan ismail and its surrounds and then conduct short (15 minute) sessions
on open source software as well as leave a few CDs with OpenOffice.Org (for
windows) around. this will hopefully start the offices on moving away from
proprietary document formats towards oo.o and at the same time, give them
an alternative towards switching desktop operating systems later on.

and dont forget to point out that while microsoft office can be pirated and
will bring down the might of the bsa upon them, oo.o can be freely shared
and given out as many times as desired.