Re: [ossig] Other open source projects

The copyright holder has all the rights to his own property. If he decides to revoke the licence to his property, he has the right to, even retrospectively. Of course, the code would be out there, but you will not have a licence to copy, modify, redistribute or do anything that copyright allowed you to previously.

If you have committed code to Java before that you will be the copyright owner of whatever you wrote (unless you have signed some contracts tat says watever u write will be assigned to ur employers). You can do watever u want with ur code, if Sun wants to include ur code, and u insist ur code is under GPL, then they will have make Java GPL or stop using ur code.

And vice versa, if you are using Java even if it's GPL, if Sun decides to stop licensing it as GPL and wants you to pay $$$ to them, you can't stop them.

I din really go into the fonts, thing it sounds so silly I didn't look into it. But even if it's true, GPL is not tat powerful. Just stop using tat font and your document won't be GPL.