RE: [ossig] Other open source projects

> I think you missed the point he's trying to say. He's not saying that
> your app is not good/etc by using Java. He's trying to say that although
> you release the app as FLOSS, you are at the mercy of the underlying
> framework (Java in this case).

Well said. Yes, I believe Khairil was pointing out that Sun's
implementation is non-free, and based on my understanding (which may be
out of date, do correct me if I'm wrong here), Sun /doesn't/ make it
easy to be certified, reasons being financial in nature rather then
technical.

Also take into account the fact that Sun has many patents on the Java
platform - all the more reason to be worried with /their/ implementation
of the Java platform.

Ditesh