Re: [ossig] Other open source projects

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 12:26 +0800, Ditesh wrote:

<snipped>

I think Ditesh and Uwe answered Chang rather well... would be useful for
Chang to read the GPL faq, for instance

> > I din really go into the fonts, thing it sounds so silly I didn't look
> > into it. But even if it's true, GPL is not tat powerful. Just stop
> > using tat font and your document won't be GPL.
>
> And what is the basis for your reasoning that GPL is not that powerful
> and that it "sounds so silly"?

Very naive view, Chang. "Just stop using that font"? Eh, if I'm a
designer, and I'm using Scribus to do DTP, I don't think I'm just going
to change my font in the middle of production. Either that, or risk my
clients material being GPLed

Clearly you haven't done any DTP work before. Please ask Ow how
interesting it is for him to handle the MyOSS Magazine

Please also do tell us how the "GPL is not tat powerful" :)
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/