Re: [myoss] Re: [ossig] Revaluing Deployment of Open Source Software

On 09/22/05 21:55 Yusseri Yusoff said the following:
> Once, just once, I'd like someone else other than Microsoft be mentioned in
> opposition to OSS. You know, say Oracle or SAP, or IBM, or CA, BEA, Sun,
> Dell, TrendMicro, MYOB, whatever. Heck, Electronic Arts, even. Or some local

on this note, perhaps the policy makers should then insist on seeing
objections and viewpoints from /other/ software vendors, both MNC and
local, before deciding on this. too often than not, the strength of a
single company's viewpoint is enough to sway policy makers. this has to
work both ways, for credible opposition to any pro-OSS stance must also be
seen as having the support of many instead of one company.

> "Our members, which include Microsoft, IBM, Sun, Oracle, Novell, etc., thinks
> that OSS is a threat to the ICT industry. The government should stop this
> funny business and return to status quo. We won't make money otherwise.
>
> We the undersigned,

i do know for a fact that some companies mentioned above are riled by this
and are preparing their own responses to chairman lee's statements.

> So come on! Show some gonads and stand up.

unfortunately this is malaysia, and barring a few, gonads are is short
supply. the apathetic malaysian attitude has always ruled supreme.