Re: [myoss] Re: [ossig] Revaluing Deployment of Open Source Software

On Friday 23 September 2005 00:11, Dinesh Nair wrote:
> On 09/22/05 23:50 Khairil Yusof said the following:
> > Stop using their software and show them that we can make them
> > irrelevant. If you haven't already, inform your family and friends, your
> > co-workers and your community.
>
> more importantly, the industry must also play a major role in this. the sad
> fact of the matter is that not too many local companies playing in the OSS
> space are willing to speak out and be heard on this issue, giving credence
> to the FUD that OSS is not commercially viable and sustainable.

Personally, I feel that I have some restrictions in speaking out too much
because I do some work for MAMPU. I have views and opinions which may or may
not reflect those of MAMPU (just as they have views and opinions which do not
always reflect mine). However, I don't want my statements to be misconstrued
as having come out from them, no matter how many disclaimers I make. This
obviously cramps my style a little.

Having said that, a lawyer friend have told me that if I am careful enough to
make the disclaimers and/or not use the "official" email address, I should be
ok.

Obviously, there should be more voices.

yusseri

--
I should just put a disclaimer here, really. So, I disclaim everything to the
full extent that they can be disclaimed!