Re: [ossig] Malaysian Law With Respect To Employees Who ProgramOnTheir Own Time

> what a lot of people do not realize is that closed source afficiandos,
> especially that little company in redmond, are NOT fighting for the
> dominance of the operating system but rather the other apps and layers
> above it for that is where their main revenue and profits come from. the

Revenue from Office is almost equal to that of Windows, with Windows
being in the lead.

Having dominance of the OS layer allows for the vendor to dictate
development platforms and architect lock in strategies.

> within the community, this is what we need to understand. a customer does
> not buy an operating system, he buys an application and this application

True, but devs generally code the application to an OS and lock in
effects by the OS vendor will have a rippling effect in the industry.

Ditesh