Re: [ossig] The MAMPU event and my comments

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 15:01 +0800, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> i believe yusseri stated that an invite email to register for the
> conference was sent out to these here mailing lists in august. all members
> of the community were expected to register and indicate their intent to
> participate. from what i understand, invites were then sent out via email,
> to those who registered.

I think some of us fell through the gaps in the system, because I also
registered and did not get any invite, I also promoted it:
http://www.iosn.net/country/malaysia/news/mampu-community-participation
and I recall a bunch of us on #myoss all went to the form and registered
including students.

Anyways, this is all water under the bridge.

I think the vocal people of OSSIG/MyOSS were represented, Dinesh, Molly,
Uwe etc.

What I'm curious to know is whether people from so called Malaysian FOSS
companies attended. Those companies whose bread and butter is to deliver
FOSS services to government, the people who will most benefit from a
pro-FOSS/Open Standards govt policy.

This is a digitally signed message part