Re: [ossig] The MAMPU event and my comments

Yusseri Yusoff wrote:

> I've checked out their profiles and you're right. Nice.

Now the fun starts, yes.
They all introduced themselves and figure on the list of 'Independent
Malaysian Software Architects'; talk about their small little
enterprises suffering from 'inconsiderate tenders' and stuff.

You draw your own conclusions. On them, and on the despair Microsoft
must suffer from these days, that they feel the need to go so low.

> few of the OSCC team pointed that out to me too. I said that it would be
> tempting to think that we've just invited the enemy into our homes

I can't see them as enemies, sorry.

 > but in the
> greater context of things, it didn't really matter.

Right. Think of it. They feel the need to send in the marines, when
MAMPU conducts an open dialogue with the OSS community.
Sending in 'Independent' software architects. True. They only never
defined from whom they are 'independent'.

Uwe