RE: [ossig] Malaysian Law With Respect To Employees Who Program OnTheir Own Time

Hi all,

So much Emails over the weekend from the dialog session.

Although this may be the wrong thread but I had to respond to this one.
From the session, I found that the dialog is a something that needs to
grow in maturity and more practice may make it more effective. Didn't
seem like much of a dialog on the said topic.

I was mingling at tea break with 2 SI and a lawyer. Much misconception
is was found between giving the code to the government and being OSS.
Seems like MAMPU still have much to do to educate people on what is OSS
and the actual policy to be implemented.

Then there was the "giving out the ingredients to the recipe" example
that was to equate to OSS. I think OSS is more than that, it actually
tells you in very specific terms, till you can actually get the result
from the recipe. Have anyone tried reading off the ingredients on a can
and managed to reproduce the food with the same flavour?

Note: I said "Hi" to the good Dr but I think she didn't remember me.
Uwe, I said hi but you seem not to remember me. I am definitely very low
profiled ;o)

Nicholas